The Park Security Guard is responsible for supervising the enforcement of rules, regulations, and ordinances pertaining to public use of Park District grounds and facilities.
This position conducts routine patrol of parks and facilities, educating the public on the proper use of district resources and interdepartmental service requests.
POSITION: Lifeguard/Swim Instructor
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Must be certified in Lifeguarding, CPR, First Aid, AED (May be provided by the Park)
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Pool Manager/Assistant Manager/Head Guard/Lead Guard
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for safety and well-being of patrons in attendance of the pool.
- Wear required uniform and maintain a neat, well-groomed appearance. NO body jewelry, pajama pants, or miscellaneous t-shirts will be allowed while on duty.
- Upholds the rules and policies for the pool and park district.
- Maintains an attentive outlook in the pool and on the deck at all times while on duty. Scan Zones.
- Do not talk at length with patrons, friends, etc. or other employees while on duty.
- Participate in the teaching of swim lessons, or other activities, i.e. birthday parties as needed
- NO smoking, eating, or drinking, while on duty or on the pool deck. All lunches, etc. must be eaten in the office while on break. (Down time is NOT considered a break).
- NO CELL PHONES while on duty. They must be turned off or on silent and in your locker.
- Responsible for making sure your shift is covered at all times. Remember YOU are responsible for finding a sub as needed.
- Assist with daily cleaning of the pool, splash pad, pool deck, sundeck, all pool filtration, and locker rooms as needed or assigned.
- Assist in monitoring pool chemicals as directed.
- Attend in-service training and staff meetings as required.
- Pass vision test or wear corrective eyewear.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the Pool Manager or Recreation Department.
- Ability to provide high quality experiences to patrons while working in a potentially stressful environment.
- Work place is likely to be noisy, active and even a disruptive environment. Potential contact with chemicals inherent to the operation of aquatic facilities.
- Maybe exposed to negative weather conditions as part of the outdoor pool operation
- Must demonstrate good judgment and logical thought proves in the execution of the essential functions of this position. Must react to stressful situations with an appropriate response.
END-OF SEASON CONSIDERATION:
- A uniform refund may be available to those individuals that successfully complete the summer season with good standing.