Administers swim lessons based on the American Red Cross. Applicant must be able to communicate well in an aquatic environment. Applicants will be trained to the standards and practices of the American Red Cross.
IMMEDIATE SUPERVISOR: Pool Manager/Assistant Manager/Swim Lesson Manager/Head Guard/Lead Guard
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
END-OF SEASON CONSIDERATION:
Performs a variety of skilled and unskilled tasks in custodial care, supervision of Park District buildings and grounds, and provides information to the public on a broad range of programs, services, issues, and policies.
•Works under the close supervision of the Supervisor of Security.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Ensures a safe and pleasant place for the public.
• Serve as a customer service link between the public and the Park District.
• Distributes information to the public regarding programs, services, activities, issues,
• Offers first aid (if certified) and handles emergencies with police and fire departments.
• Assist with emergency procedures and building evacuation.
• Completes work orders for Maintenance.
• Ensures bicycles, skate boards, etc. are not allowed in parks, seizing those in violation after a warning.
• Keeps records of all bicycles, skate boards, etc.
• Cleans accidents, spills, etc. from rentals.
• Opens and unlocks facilities as needed.
• Keeps records of work completed.
• Maintains current skills and knowledge in the proper and safe techniques of security.
• Park Security is not a police department – it is the front line to secure the people aspect
of the park environment so everyone can use and enjoy the park system.
• Handling and defusing potentially dangerous situations.
• Providing employees and customer escorts after dark when requested.
The Blue Island Park District is looking for a skilled Maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems, landscaping, and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. You must also possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
Perform cleaning activities such as dusting, mopping etc.
Perform minor fixes such as repairing broken locks, filling gaps on walls etc.
Install appliances and equipment
Do Park upkeep by mowing lawn, collecting trash etc.
Conduct maintenance tasks such as replacing light bulbs
Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems
Report to facilities or maintenance manager for issues
Proven experience as an assistant director or other similar position
Experience using hand and electrical tools
Ability to read technical manuals and drawings
Very good communication and interpersonal skills
Physical stamina and dexterity
High school diploma or equivalent
Must provide a valid Drivers License
Basic Computer skill (Word, Excel, email)
The Blue Island Park District is accepting summer time applicants for the Memorial Park Registration Office position. Bi-lingual speakers welcome.
Prefer Paper? Download a digital copy of our application. Applications may be submitted at the Blue Island Park District Main Office located at 12804 S. Highland Ave. Blue Island, IL. 60406
Earn volunteer hours while having fun! The Blue Island Park District accepts applications for volunteer hours for many events throughout the year. Individuals or clubs looking to volunteer may contact our Recreation Coordinator at 708-388-6421 or by email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Volunteer hours are available on a first come, first served basis.
Volunteers over the age of 18 will are subject to a background check.
All volunteers must submit a Volunteer Waiver Form before the first day of service.